Tuesday, March 03, 2009

2009 Concorso Italiano Will Not Be At Airport

Next to the introduction of the New Coke in 1985, moving the Concorso Italiano from a plush golf course to a hot, windy airport tarmac may be the biggest commercial flop known to mankind.

I did not go to the 2008 Concorso in part because the airport venue did not appeal to me. I was not alone. Those who went had plenty to complain about.

This morning, I got a mass email from the new owner of the event, Tom McDowell. He acknowledged the mistake of holding the event at the airport and assured everyone that 2009's Concorso will be at a golf course, location TBA.

Grassy venue?

Or swap meet venue?

CKY

1 comment:

Rich said...

... and then of course, in the current (SF Bay Area) Alfa club newsletter, there's a mention of this wholly separate event at the Black Horse golf course. I'm off to make some popcorn for this one.

http://www.montereybayconcours.com/