Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Towe Auto Museum/California Auto Museum review


The California Automobile Museum in Sacramento (formerly the Towe Auto Museum) is a volunteer-run operation.  It has a very eclectic mix of cars.


This Jag was parked outside when I visited one bright sunny afternoon.  I'll bet it belongs to one of the docents.



In addition to a permanent collection, private car owners lend their cars to the museum for display.  One example is this bronze Maserati Mistral.


Here are a couple of Fiats.


This Maserati Indy owner happens to love guns.  Got a problem with that?


Mistral, Indy, Bora.


Motorcycle from TV series CHiPs.


Firebird!  I so wanted this as my first car.




1971 Star Streak RV.



Nissan Altra Electric Vehicle.


Chrysler 300.


Edsel.  The museum has dozens and dozens of pre- and post-war American iron.  I've neglected to take pictures of them due to time constraints.  Apologies.




Not a fan of the Countach's color.  But this is an interesting juxtaposition.


At the gift shop, I saw this set for $95.  I got mine for $25 on Craigslist!

2 comments:

motoringconbrio said...

i'm guessing i would need to pry that indy from his cold, dead hands?

Maxichamp said...

@MTC: Apparently, Heston drove a Jag.

http://kcmodern.blogspot.com/2009/06/house-for-charlton-heston-by-william-s.html