Friday, July 22, 2011

Richard Petty Experience NASCAR garage visit


After inquiring about my ride-along ticket at the Richard Petty office, I decided to check out the back of the building.  Lo and behold, it's the garage where the cars are being prepped!

The guys working on the cars were very gracious and invited me in.  They offered to answer any questions and told me to take as many pictures as I wanted.

These cars are purpose-built in North Carolina for the Richard Petty Experience.  Though their exteriors say Ford, Chevy, or Toyota, they all have 358 c.i. Chevy engines, which are good for 600 horsepower.  There is really not much more to say about these beasts.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.

























3 comments:

longrooffan said...

Kudos on the Killer access Kashgar!!

Edvin said...

A big engine and some scaffolding, as Clarkson would say. :) Cool stuff.

Maxichamp said...

@Edvin: The simplicity is amazing.