Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bashar al-Assad likes New Order too!


While Assad was butchering his people, he also had time to download songs on iTunes.  The list is fairly eclectic.  But what is most sobering is that he downloads stuff just like you and me in his spare time, except he's a brutal dictator.

Among the files he downloaded, as uncovered by The Guardian:

  • Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order (see above).
  • Don't Talk Just Kiss by Right Said Fred.
  • Can't Go Wrong by The Cover Girls.
  • Harry Potter Deathly Hallows, Part II
  • various Harry Potter apps.
  • Steve Jobs biography.
I guess what really sent chills up my spine is that I've been on a huge New Order kick recently, especially after I got the Slacker Radio app.  Here are my most listened to channels:
  1. New Order
  2. Erasure
  3. Mitch Hedberg
  4. Chris Rock
  5. Dave Attell
  6. The B-52s
  7. Toad the Wet Sprocket
  8. Public Enemy
  9. 10,000 Maniacs
  10. Bjork
  11. Mazzy Star
  12. Cowboy Junkies

1 comment:

mtc said...

i had a similar thought watching "the devil's double", actually (if you haven't seen it, a fictionalized account based on uday hussein's real life body double).