Thursday, March 08, 2012

Christian fundamentalists offer free labor to Jewish fundamentalists

 
Yesterday, NPR did a piece about how American Christians are traveling to West Bank settlements and performing manual labor for the settlers, gratis.  These strict constructionists take their Bible readin' real serious like.

"One of the volunteers, Mike Clayton, a former preacher from Seminole, Okla., reads out of the Bible from Isaiah 61:5: 'The son of the foreigner will come and tend your vines.'

Then he adds: 'Well, a few days ago, myself and my son got off a plane ... and I got to watch as I handed my son ... a pair of pruners, and I took a picture as he walked out there. He fulfilled scripture. ... Is the Bible true? Is all this happening? I saw it with my own eyes.'"

Story with audio here.

1 comment:

John L said...

Nut cases, the lot of them.