Sunday, November 02, 2014

Chinese Christian missionaries going abroad

I read an article in The Economist about Christians in China. At its current growth rate, there will be 250,000,000 Christians (mostly evangelical Protestants) there by 2030. Chinese Christians are already traveling abroad, spreading The Good News(tm).

I tried to find numbers for Chinese missionaries, but was unsuccessful. I did find this chart, which is derived from a very comprehensive study about Christian missionaries worldwide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck, Chile is in the receiving top-ten. Is not difficult to see these poor US kids dressed up as "Helder" advertising Mormonism. And they have been successful.

Maxichamp said...

@Ripituc: On my bus trips, three people tried to convert me. One in Alaska and two in Guatemala.