Saturday, January 02, 2016

State of the Blog address

Happy New Year, everyone!

Thank you all for your continued reading and support. This September, I will have been posting here for TEN years. Here was my first post:


Since then, I have done my best to post regularly. I can only imagine the millions of people who have started (and stopped) blogging since then. This shows the number of posts every year:


I used to obsessively plot out hits from around the world. To date, there have been approximately 3 million page views. I am still missing hits from: Chad, Comoros, North Korea, Sao Tome and Principe, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Vatican City, and Western Sahara.

And to the best of my recollection, rchen was the first "regular" to post a comment.

You would expect the top post ever to be Tim's detailed description of his 300SE. But no, it was this post about the Mercedes Renntransporter, which blew up on Yahoo! Japan one day and acquired over 66,000 hits.

Here is a look back at some of my blog's previous layouts, courtesy of the Wayback Machine.

1 comment:

Francisco said...

Oddly enough the North Korean user keeps checking Phaetons... Want to be our Goodwill automotive ambassador over there?

I'll send the pics of the recent Phaeton family reunion. You haven't seen this many Phaetons outside of a VW service bay.