Saturday, January 07, 2017

Eating the Globe: Poland


Another country down. I picked up a package of pierogis at Ted's Delikatessen, an Eastern European market run by Ted, a Pole. I told him about my quest and he's happy to help.

Not being familiar with Eastern European food at all, I asked Ted if I should just eat the pierogis with sour cream. He said no. I should instead eat them with fried onions and bacon.

So this is the result. The pierogis were mild in flavor and the skin had the exact consistency and dimensions as Chinese dumplings.

I also bought a big package of Romanian casing-less sausages. There is a picture on the package and I am going to try to replicate it. Raw tomatoes, onions, etc. I also found a great Seychelles recipe online.


Countries tried so far:
Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Madagascar, Morocco, Nigeria, Somalia, South Africa
Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Burma, Cambodia, China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, Yemen
Europe: Bosnia, Bulgaria, Czechia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden
North America: Canada, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Trinidad & Tobago, USA
South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela
Oceania: Australia, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga

1 comment:

steve-vh said...

Married in to Polish here. They have that exact brand in the freezer at the meat market we go to (the only one allowed). Their jerkey and smoked kielbasa are on point tho.